Helpful Tips for Getting Ready for Your Wedding Day
Let’s talk getting wedding day ready. Here are some of my favorite tips to help you look and feel your best on your special day.
1. Tanning. If you’re going to tan before the wedding, be sure to avoid tan lines – especially if you have a strapless dress. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it happens. Sometimes, it just slips your mind. If you’re getting married in the summer, make sure that in the two to three months leading up to your wedding day, you’re tanning evenly to avoid tan lines. If you’re using self tanner or getting a spray, make sure you test it out a few times before show day.
2. Hair and Makeup. Be sure to do a trial run beforehand to ensure you like the look before your big day. Hair and makeup artists know how to accentuate your best features, (They’re also the best at hiding blemishes!) and help to make your photos turn out absolutely gorgeous.
3. Accessories. Try on your dress with different accessories you think you want to wear on your wedding day. This way, you know what it looks like with the dress so you know for sure what you want to wear, and are not trying to decide on a necklace, etc. on the day of your wedding. This takes away getting ready time and causes unnecessary stress.
4. Shoes. Walk around in your wedding shoes prior to the big day to get them worn in. Also, take some sandpaper to the bottoms to scuff them up a bit so you don’t slip down the aisle or on the dance floor. If you are going to walk around in grass, you’ll want to get some high heel protector caps so you don’t sink in the grass.
5. Eat and Drink. The best way for you to look your best is to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water the days leading up to, and the day of, your wedding. Also, be sure to eat on your wedding day throughout the day so you don’t pass out or get a headache. If you’re drinking on wedding day, opt for champagne or a light colored drink in case of spills and stains. Save the red wine until after all photos are done just in case 😉